Dr. David Stoker
4640 Admiralty Way #1000
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Phone: (310) 300-1779
Monday–Friday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Why Choose Dr. Stoker?
Searching for the best plastic surgeons in Los Angeles? You certainly have options. Dr. David Stoker is a truly exceptional choice, standing out among his peers in the cosmetic surgery capital of the world. He has devoted his career to achieving beautiful results through innovation, artistry and science. When selecting a plastic surgeon, you have the luxury of choosing among many for the one who is perfect for you. Here, learn more about Dr. Stoker’s background and see exactly how he’s earned his sterling reputation.
Dr. Stoker’s unparalleled credentials make him a premier Los Angeles plastic surgeon. Throughout his education and career, he has distinguished himself at all levels while developing his superior expertise.
- Dr. David Stoker is a board-certified Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Stoker scored in the 99th percentile nationally on his Maintenance of Certification Exam for the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Stoker was first in his class at UCSF School of Medicine, one of the top medical schools in the nation.
- His impressive photo gallery of patient results contains over 8,000 before-and-after pictures that demonstrate the quality of his work and depth of his experience.
- He has performed many thousands of plastic surgery operations with an impeccable safety record and beautiful results.
- He is regularly recognized by the media for his experience and skill. The New York Times named him as one of the top plastic surgeons in the United States.
- ABC Television Network chose Dr. Stoker to perform extreme makeover surgery on over 20 patients for the TV primetime hit series “Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition.”
- He is a plastic surgery leader as demonstrated by his many publications of journal articles, textbook chapters, and specialty presentations.
- He is a course instructor for continuing medical education of plastic surgeons at the annual meetings of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- He is on the clinical faculty of the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California, where he has the privilege of teaching the next generation of plastic surgeons.
- He trained in plastic surgery at the Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery at New York University Medical Center, considered by many to be the best plastic surgery residency program in the world.
- He is a clinical investigator for FDA trials for two of the three manufacturers of silicone gel implants in the United States.
With Dr. Stoker, your comfort is never an afterthought—it’s a priority. Our staff attends your needs before, during, and after surgery to ensure the experience is as pleasant as possible.
- Our beautiful new operating suite was designed with patient safety and comfort as priorities.
- Our special OR mattresses provide extra-thick memory foam for extreme patient comfort.
- High-quality anesthesia medications minimize nausea and facilitate rapid recovery.
- Dr. Stoker uses Exparel®, a local, non-opiate analgesic that minimizes post-op discomfort for 72 hours following surgery.
- Applied before surgery, pneumatic compression boots warm and massage your legs to improve circulation and reduce risk of blood clots.
- We use special warm-air blankets on patients during and after surgery.
- A double-underbody warm water circulator keeps patients comfortable and reduces complication rates.
Perhaps the most important element of any surgery, taking the correct steps to ensure your safety can have long-reaching, positive effects. Dr. Stoker and his team take exceptional care to minimize the risks of elective surgery, often choosing techniques and products that other surgeons don’t offer.
- AAAASF-accredited surgery center is held to the highest standards of safety and sterility.
- Dr. Stoker works with only the best board-certified anesthesiologists who he personally selects.
- We employ a rigorously trained OR staff that’s larger than required, including at least 3 specialized nurses in the surgery center.
- High-performance LED lights in the OR reduce tissue drying and provide better illumination of critical body structures for improved results.
- Robust electrical backup system in the OR ensures a smooth, safe operation under nearly any circumstances.
- Dr. Stoker irrigates the breast implant pocket with triple antibiotic and Betadine® to minimize the risk of complications.
- When appropriate, surgical staff preps each patient with ChloraPrep™, a product that sterilizes skin before surgery and continues to have an antimicrobial effect for up to 3 days.
- Our premium exam chairs are designed without seams for easy cleaning and enhanced sterility.
- Dr. Stoker uses the Keller Funnel®, a sterile device, to place implants. This minimizes contact between the implant and other tissues, reducing the risk of infection.
Dr. Stoker knows aftercare is critical to your safety, comfort, and satisfaction. Your results should be worthy of you and your body. Dr. Stoker supports each patient long after surgery through a series of follow-up appointments and easy accessibility.
- Dr. Stoker employs an extensive follow-up protocol, including a same-day phone call and next-day appointment.
- During the initial consultation and pre-op appointments, Dr. Stoker isn’t satisfied until he’s certain he and his patient are on the same page communicating clearly.
- Dr. Stoker specializes in Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation, using special techniques to minimize discomfort and downtime.
- Many of Dr. Stoker’s patients are so satisfied with their experiences that they return to see him for additional procedures later. Read some of their stories here.
Ready to take the next step? Request a consultation online or call us at (310) 300-1779. You can also view Dr. Stoker’s before and after photos or read testimonials for a better understanding of why so many patients choose him for their plastic surgery.