It’s the subject of hashtags on virtually every social media platform. If this is the first time you’ve heard of “Instagram face,” the phrase describes a specific look created by nonsurgical cosmetic treatments such as filler and BOTOX® injections.
At my Los Angeles, CA, practice, I hear patients ask about what types of treatments are needed for different areas of the face to produce the sought-after appearance. In this blog post, I’ll provide some guidance for people interested in getting Instagram face by focusing on treatments for different features.
What Is Instagram Face?
Scroll through the Instagram accounts of certain celebrity “influencers,” and you’ll find the answer to this question. These are the Hadids and the Kardashians of social media, whose selfies tend to foster trends followed by millions of people around the world. The hallmark of the Instagram face is a wide-eyed, smooth-skinned, and pouty-lipped appearance.
Injectable procedures vary depending on the area being treated. Here’s a breakdown of how to achieve the look you want:
- Forehead: Preventative BOTOX treatments for patients in their 20s can delay the development of fine lines and wrinkles that form as you change facial expressions. These procedures, sometimes called “baby BOTOX,” involve injecting smaller doses than what is normally used to reduce existing wrinkles.
- Eye Area: Injectables, including BOTOX and fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and Restylane®, can give the brow a lifted appearance, minimize crow’s feet, and treat dark circles below the eye. It’s not really Instagram face without the wide eyes and elevated brow.
- Cheeks: Another must-have feature of the Instagram high glam look are prominent, sculpted cheekbones. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®, which is used to restore volume to the cheeks, can create the high cheekbones that are associated with beauty—Instagram or no Instagram.
- Nose: If you’re not one of the few people born with a straight, ever-so-slightly upturned nose, not to worry—you don’t need a nose job. Nonsurgical rhinoplasty techniques using injectable treatments can create a straighter, smoother, more contoured nose without recovery time.
- Mouth: Restylane Silk and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® are fillers designed specifically for lip augmentation. Used conservatively, these fillers can create full, sensuous lips without an overly injected appearance.
- Chin and Jaw: A sculpted jawline and defined chin provide the final touches for Instagram face. Strategically injected fillers can create the angular jaw patients want. Nonsurgical fat reduction treatments such as KYBELLA® or CoolSculpting® can reduce the appearance of a double chin.
View this post on Instagram
?Treatment: Non-surgical rhinoplasty “Liquid Nose Job”⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ This 22-year-old female was unhappy with the shape of her nose. While a surgical rhinoplasty is typically the best long term solution, patients who aren’t ready for surgery can opt for this non-surgical treatment. In this case our talented nurse injector, Stacy, used Restylane Lyft to adjust the shape of the nose. Stacy injected above and below the dorsal hump, along with the tip, to straighten and lift the nose. Liquid rhinoplasty is a quick and easy in office procedure! It is important to be sure that this is only performed by experienced injectors as it is a delicate area. Call our office today to set up a consultation with our expert team and see if this treatment could benefit you!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⏳Procedure Time: 30 minutes ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ?Website: www.drstoker.com⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ?Location: Los Angeles⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ☎️Number: 310-300-1779⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #hylauronicacidfiller #restylane #juvederm #microcannula #cannulatechnique #needle #allergan #galderma #spotlyte #lipaugmentation #lipfiller #chinfiller #chinaugmentation #nonsurgicalchin #nonsurgicalrhinoplasty #nosefiller #nosejob #templefiller #templeaugmentation #teartroughfiller #eyebags #wrinkles #augmentation #volume #plump #beautiful #gorgeous #flawless
When combined with quality skincare products, these procedures can produce the Instagrammable face that you want. It’s important to make sure you choose a provider with unsurpassed expertise in nonsurgical facial contouring. You can browse the results of some of our actual “pre-juvenation” patients in our gallery of before-and-after photos.
Whether you want to go the Instagram face route, or you just need to minimize a wrinkle here and there, contact us using the online form to request a consultation. Or give our office a call at (310) 300-1779 to schedule an appointment.