Though there are many options to reduce the signs of aging, the face lift is still the most effective choice for rejuvenation. There are a variety of approaches available to customize the procedure for each individual patient. During our initial facelift consultation in Los Angeles, we'll discuss which technique is right for you, and whether you'd like to add eyelid surgery or another procedure to the surgical plan.
For me, natural results are paramount for each patient seeking surgery in Los Angeles. Face lift treatment plans are fine tuned to meet each man or woman's unique needs. Make some time to visit my office in Los Angeles for a facelift consultation. Request a consultation online or call the office at
The Dr. Stoker Difference
For Your Facelift:
- He has performed thousands of cosmetic procedures for facial rejuvenation.
- He is recognized nationally for his research on the facial nerve as it relates to face lifts.
- He specializes in a variety of facelift techniques, including short scar facelifts.
- He has been featured on "Dr. Phil" for his skill and knowledge in facial surgery.
Facelift Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
- Mini face lift technique: The mini face lift is most often appropriate for younger patients. By lifting and repositioning facial skin, it can improve wrinkles in the cheeks. The mini face lift has less of an effect on jowls and minimal effect on the neck.
- Short scar technique: In a short scar face lift, facial muscles are lifted vertically and fixated under tension. With the foundation of facial muscles and fat restored to a more youthful position, the skin may be tightened with minimal tension. The result is dramatic improvement with a natural-appearing result. The short scar face lift primarily improves the cheeks and jowls, but also improves the neck.
- Full incision technique: Patients who wait until their 50's or older for their first face lift may have significant folds of excess skin in the neck. For these patients, the best option is a traditional face lift with full incisions to obtain maximum benefit and a natural appearing result. The sheet-like muscles that contribute to neck bands are tightened, and excess fat is removed from the neck. Facial muscles are lifted and tightened in two vectors to improve the jowls and neck. The skin is then draped with minimal tension over the rejuvenated face.
Most candidates for a face lift in Los Angeles are in their 40's to 60's. Mini face lifts and short scar techniques are most useful in younger patients. The full incision approach is best for older patients or following weight loss, when there is substantial skin laxity in the neck.
Patients should stop smoking and blood pressure should be properly controlled before surgery.
Most face lift patients take about a week off of work. Most people usually look their best 6 weeks after surgery.
For maximum rejuvenation, eyelid surgery and laser resurfacing are frequently combined with face lifts in the same operation. Chin implants and brow lifts are also complementary procedures that may be performed at the same time as a face lift.
Complications from face lifts have been uncommon in my experience. Bleeding, infection, delayed healing and nerve damage are possible. Each of these complications is treatable with quality postoperative care.
To learn more about face lift surgery, including the short scar technique and mini face lift, request a consultation online or call us at
Back to Top